Yukon River Quest
The course information (maps, weather and waterflow data) provided on paddle24seven has not been verified by a race official. Please read our disclaimer before considering the use of this information.
The Yukon River Quest is reported to be the longest annual canoe and kayak marathon. Starting in Whitehorse, the race follows over 400 miles of the Yukon river before finally finishing in Dawson City.
Along the way there are 8 official check points, of which two have mandatory stops.
- YRQ - CP #0 Whitehorse 0 of 431.5 miles
- YRQ - CP #1 Laberge 29.1 of 431.5 miles
- YRQ - CP #2 Cather's 34.6 of 431.5 miles
- YRQ - CP #3 Goddard Point 52.1 of 431.5 miles
- YRQ - CP #4 Little Salmon 152.1 of 431.5 miles
- YRQ - CP #5 Carmacks 183.5 of 431.5 miles (Mandatory stop 7 hrs.)
- YRQ - CP #6 Fort Selkirk 264.1 of 431.5 miles
- YRQ - CP #7 Kirkman Creek 338.8 of 431.5 miles (Mandatory stop 3 hrs.)
- YRQ - CP #8 Sixty Mile 389.9 of 431.5 miles
- YRQ - Finish - Dawson 431.5 of 431.5 miles
The race is scheduled to start at 12pm (PDT) on Wednesday, June 30th 2010.
84 teams are scheduled to start the race on Wednesday.
Brad Pennington from Houston, TX and Carter Johnson from Sausalito, CA are both registered for the solo class. They will be racing 17 other K1 paddlers including Martin Dreyer of South Africa.
The Texans 6
man Voyager team this year includes Richard Ameen, John Hoffart, Wade Binion, Tim Anglin, David Kelly and Mike Rendon.
Since the YRQ does not have an official Spot tracking page we have put together a page for tracking the Texans here. Simply click on the Race Tracking menu item on the left side of this page. Once the race starts, the location of the Texans should be updated approximately every 10 minutes.
The race website will also be posting results here, during the race.